Information on immigration regulations during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Indonesian citizens.
- Holders of lawful and valid Visa and/or Stay Permits will be allowed to enter Indonesia at designated immigration border controls referring to the health protocol.
- Such Visa or Residence Permits consist of:
- Official visa
- Diplomatic Visa;
- Official Stay Permit;
- Diplomatic Stay Permit;
- Temporary Stay Permit;
- Permanent Stay Permit;
- Crew members arriving by their own transports.
- Foreign nationals with health or humanitarian purposes
Foreigners (according to the provisions of the temporary ban) and Indonesian Citizens can enter the Indonesian Territory after meeting the following requirements:
- Shows a negative result of the RT-PCR test in the country of origin, maximum test sampling 3 x 24 hours before departure. Test results are shown during a health check on arrival.
- Shows COVID-19 vaccination certificate or vaccination card (in physical form or digital form) as proof of completing vaccination in full dose.
- Foreign nationals under the age of 12 years, traveling with their parents and entering the territory of the Republic of Indonesia or traveling with domestic flights, are exempted from showing a COVID-19 vaccination card/certificate.
- Foreign nationals entering the territory of the Republic of Indonesia are required to show a COVID-19 vaccination card/certificate with a completed dose according to the vaccination protocol standard issued by the health authorities or pharmaceutical companies that produces the vaccines valid in their respective countries.
- Foreign nationals who are active flight crew members or ship crew members who intend to leave the territory of the Republic of Indonesia are exempted from showing a COVID-19 vaccination card/certificate but are required to provide other applicable health protocol requirements.
- The requirement to show a COVID-19 vaccination card or certificate (in physical form or digital form) is exempted for foreign nationals who are holders of diplomatic and service visa and are part of a foreign official/state visit on the ministerial level and higher rank and foreign nationals entering Indonesia under the Travel Corridor Arrangement scheme, by upholding principles of reciprocity and implementing strict health protocols.
- Download and fill out the eHAC Indonesia (Indonesia Health Alert Card) application via smartphone, then show the details to the officer upon arrival. Or visit the INDONESIA HEALTH ALERT CARD, MINISTRY OF HEALTH to fill out via the website.
Upon arrival, you will be asked to do an RT-PCR test and required to undergo a centralized quarantine for 8 x 24 hours, with the following conditions:
- Indonesian citizens, including Indonesian migrant workers, students, and government employees returning from official trips, will be quarantined at Wisma Pademangan with the costs borne by the government.
- Indonesian citizens did not include the above criteria, and foreign nationals will be asked to undergo quarantine in quarantine accommodations that have received certification from the Ministry of Health with all costs borne by each (not paid by the government).
- For heads of foreign representatives and families on duty in Indonesia, they can quarantine at their respective residences for 8 x 24 hours.
- Diplomatic corps and embassy staff members, along with their families, and other foreign nationals in general, shall undertake quarantine for 8 x 24 hours at the list of accommodations Certified by the Ministry of Health, upon independent choosing, with cost burdened independently.
- After quarantine for 8 x 24 hours, you will be retested by RT-PCR. If the result is negative, you will be allowed to continue the journey, and it is recommended to self-quarantine for 14 days. If the result is positive, Indonesian citizens will be treated in a hospital with the costs fully borne by the government, while for foreign nationals, the costs will be fully borne by each individual (not paid by the government).
- Mandatory quarantine is exempted for foreign nationals with diplomatic and official visas who are visiting for the purpose of state/official visits of foreign officials at Ministerial level or above to the Republic of Indonesia, with the implementation of strict health protocol.
International airports and international seaports in Indonesia remain open for essential travels (subject to travel restrictions policy), inbound and outbound freight.
The list of designated Immigration Border Controls at airports, seaports, and land borders can be found KEPUTUSAN MENTERI HUKUM DAN HAM TENTANG TEMPAT PEMERIKSAAN IMIGRASI TERTENTU SEBAGAI TEMPAT MASUK DAMA MASA ADAPTASI KEBIASAAN BARU.
Here are 7 designated airports to enter and leave Indonesia in the New Normal.